The FibreMini from Calex Electronics
New Pyrometer for High-Temperature Applications and Metals
Measuring the surface temperature of metals is difficult. Shiny surfaces, high-temperature furnaces and harsh environments make it a challenge to achieve accurate measurements with infrared pyrometers.
The FibreMini fibre-optic temperature sensor from Calex Electronics has several industry-specific features that allow it to accurately measure reflective metals in harsh applications.
- Fibre optic sensing head withstands up to 200°C ambient temperature, making it ideal for mounting near furnaces.
- No electronics in the sensing head make it immune to electromagnetic interference in high-EMC applications such as induction heating.
- Reflected energy compensation allows for an accurate reading when measuring reflective objects inside furnaces. On Modbus models, alter this automatically during the process.
- Laser aiming light illuminates the measurement area, showing both the location and the size of the measured spot.
- Large, full-colour temperature display with data logging makes the FibreMini a truly plug-and-play solution - simply connect a power supply and start measuring. A choice of 4-20 mA or RS485 Modbus outputs is available for connection to your process instrumentation.
- Fully configurable via touch screen.
All the above features are included as standard on every FibreMini model.
A choice of temperature ranges from 250°C to 2000°C is available, as is a choice of optics for measuring small or large areas at short or long distances.
Feeding the sensing head through conduit and trunking is easy, thanks to the slim, highly flexible fibre optic cable, which is available in lengths of 3, 5 or 10 metres.
Contact Calex for more information.