Brass Compression Tube Fittings
Nickel plated brass tube fittings (nickel plated brass compression tube fitting) are design for low and medium pressure tubing connection work where excessive vibration or tube movement is not involved. Nickel plated brass tube fitting is normally used to join two pipes. It may also be used to attach a pipe to a valve. Nickel plated brass tube fittings are made from nickel plated brass for corrosion resistance, ductility at high temperatures, and low magnetic permeability. Nickel plated brass tube fitting (nickel plated brass compression tube fitting) is a three-piece fitting consisting of nut, sleeve and body. Nickel plated brass tube fittings ensure the pneumatic/hydraulic tightness of the tubing by compression of an sleeve on the tubing. Use with copper, aluminum and plastic tubing. Not recommended for steel tubing. Compression fittings can be manually installed with wrenches and are commonly used in applications involving fluids, air, or certain gases. Accommodate metric tubing O.D ranging from 4 mm to 16 mm and inch (imperial) tubing O.D from 1/8" to 1/2". Thread sizes ranges are from BSPT, BSPP, NPT 1/8 to 1/2.
1. Cut the tube square and make sure that no burr (internally and externally) is left;
2. Insert the tube through the nut and sleeve. The sleeve edge is to be placed towards the tube ending;
3. Hand tighten the nut until resistance;
4. Check the tube is well positioned, and tighten the nut with a spanner 11/2 - 2 more turns according to the fitting used;
5. Just for safety, screw-off the nut and check that the sleeve is evenly gripping on the tubing;
6. Screw-on the nut a further 1/4 of a turn to grant the system tightness.
Advantages of Pneuflex's Nickel Plated Brass Tube Fittings :
Suitable for pneumatic and medium pressure hydraulic applications
Excellent sealing due to the tightening of the sleeve onto the tube
Fair resistance to vibration or tube movement - use long nut when greater vibration resistance is needed
Work in vacuums, as well as at low and high pressures
Temperature range: -65°F to +250°F (-53°C to +120°C) range at maximum operating pressures. (Refer to tubing temperature range.)
Easy to install, and easily disassembled
Can be re-used multiple times by just replacing sleeve