The i!mensio Mono Strip Thickness Gauging System is a non-contact traversing system and has been designed for fast moving steel / metal strips, especially in cold rolling mills.
In order to curb the dependence of surface impurities, the system has now been equipped with the „micro traversing“ function. This new function does not measure along a line, but is scanned along an adjustable track width. The big advantage: local impurities and speckle effects are filtered better on stationary material.
This new feature is now available for i!mensio Mono.
In the strip processing lines the system is used to check the thickness of the material before and after the process, in order to provide default values for the process control.
Due to the high sampling rate up to over 50 kHz, the i!mensio Mono Strip Thickness Gauging System is also used at the flexible roll forming of „Tailored Rolled Blanks“, as well as for punching, roll profiling and tube manufacturing.
• High precision laser thickness measurement in a compact system
• Stable welded steel construction for rough ambient conditions
• Extensive Software tools for measurement data acquisition and visualization
• Resolution of sensors 0,05 µm, measuring frequency up to 50 kHz
• Wide measuring spot 50 x 2.000 µm, especially for metallic surfaces
• Sensor protection class IP 67, designed for rough environments
Fast-moving steel / metal strips, especially in cold rolling mills
Steel / metal strips
Measuring area / -depth:
20 mm (standard) / 300, 500, 800 or 1000 mm
Up to 8 mm
Non-contact thickness gauging
Laser triangulation, Laser class 2 (DIN / IEC)
Traversing thickness measuring,
full automated calibration routines