Offering its market leading peristaltic pumps and associated fluid path technology, WMFTG is uniquely positioned to enable biopharmaceutical customers to improve their process while mitigating risk at every process stage. Visitors to hall 3.1 E70 will be shown – by way of five separate, purpose-built ‘application stations'' - how the company offers a complete fluid handling solution to deliver process benefits and risk reduction at every bioprocessing stage, including media and buffer preparation; fermentation; harvest; purification; and fill/finish.
WMFTG''s wide ranging portfolio ensures customers have access to a variety of solutions to meet their exacting requirements, easily scalable from benchtop to full production, while also flexible for contract manufacturing and filling.
New Product Launches
Bio Tube Applicator™
The new Bio Tube Applicator tube to hose barb assembly machine allows effortless insertion of connectors into a wide variety of tubing, including silicone and thermoplastic elastomers. Union of the tube and connectors is completed without damage to the internal bore of the tube, and importantly, without lubrication such as IPA. Providing a repeatable process, this aids cGMP compliance and process validation procedures
Customers all over the world use reliable, accurate and hygienic liquid filling and pumping technologies from the Watson-Marlow Fluid Technologies Group. The company is comprised of seven business areas; four of which are represented at Achema 2015:
BioPure specialises in the design and production of advanced single-use tube and connector systems for biopharmaceutical customers. Drawing on considerable single-use expertise, BioPure Technology provides the flexibility of customised fluid path solutions to suit a range of bioprocessing needs. Offering a broad range of validated components and configurations, there is no minimum order quantity and simple, repeat ordering supports a continuous supply chain.
Flexicon Liquid Filling manufactures a range of products from stand-alone units for hand filling, through semi-automatic systems, to fully automatic filling, stoppering and capping machines. Flexicon''s systems are designed for small to medium sized batch production. The fully automatic systems are customised to fill any container, be it a vial, bottle, test tube or non self-standing micro tube.
Watson-Marlow Pumps, the world''s largest manufacturer of peristaltic pumps and Watson-Marlow Tubing provide superior flow stability and metering accuracy, facilitating high quality bioprocessing.
Product highlights on display at Achema 2015:
• The Bio Tube Applicator tube to hose barb assembly machine allows effortless insertion of connectors into a wide variety of tubing, including silicone and thermoplastic elastomers.
• The FPC50W is a fully automated aseptic filling system with integrated full or partial stoppering and crimp capping of vials and automatic check weighing.
• aspecticsu® is a sterile, single-use fluid path perfected for aseptic filling. The combination of asepticsu® and Flexicon peristaltic technology lowers your risk in high purity, high accuracy filling applications.
• The Watson-Marlow range of biopharmaceutical grade tubing delivers consistent, accurate and long-term performance. All our hygienic tubing is USP Class VI validated and is supplied with detailed certification in every box.
• The BioPure range of connectors are manufactured and packed in an ISO Class 7 clean room and have lot numbers moulded in for full traceability.
Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world leader in niche peristaltic and sinusoidal pumps and associated fluid path technologies. Founded on nearly 60 years of supplying engineering and process expertise and with over one million pumps installed worldwide, our pumps are tried, tested and proven to deliver.
WMFTG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc (LSE: SPX), a global organisation employing approximately 5,000 people worldwide. Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group comprises seven established brands, each with their own area of expertise, but together offering our customers an unrivalled breadth of solutions for their pumping applications:
• Watson-Marlow Pumps: peristaltic tube pumps for pharmaceuticals and industry
• Watson-Marlow Tubing: precision tubing for pumping and other purposes, in a range of materials
• Bredel: heavy duty hose pumps
• Alitea: unique peristaltic solutions for OEM customers
• Flexicon: aseptic filling and capping systems
• MasoSine: gentle sinusoidal pumps for food, chemical and cosmetics applications
• BioPure: advanced single-use tubing connector systems
• Asepco, specialises in manufacture of aseptic valves and magnetic mixers for the biopharmaceutical industry
Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group is an international operation based in Falmouth, Cornwall, UK. Watson-Marlow Pumps has offices in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, USA and Vietnam.