An application case and Fiam solution
Features of motors for this sector:
- Custom design to build the motor into the tool
- Special galvanic treatment on inner workings to increase corrosion resistance where the use of lubricated compressed air is not an option
- Power range: 120 to 800 Watt
- No-load speed: from 1,000 to 12,000 rpm
- Torque values: from 0.7 to 50 Nm.
Below an application case about integration on hand tools
Manufacture of pneumatic strapping tools, where the motors incorporated into the tool have to be:
- air-powered, to enable them to work even in places affected by electromagnetic interference
- designed with customized and extremely compact geometries to fit inside the tool and its various versions
- made from light yet strong materials to ensure ergonomically correct use.
Fully customized 200 Watt motors: the high rpm demanded by the application entailed painstaking design of suitable gearing to be inserted in motors with very tight spaces.