An application case and Fiam solution
Features of motors for this sector:
- Stainless steel construction assembled with Domsel double-lip seals and featuring special sealants between the threaded connections. To ensure a high degree of protection from external factors
- Special galvanic treatment on inner workings to increase corrosion resistance where the use of lubricated compressed air is not an option
- Power range: 150 to 800 Watt
- No-load speed: from 40 to 15,000 rpm
- Torque values: from 1 to 90 Nm.
Below a case study about integration in the medical sector
Manufacture of autoclaves for sterilizing hospital instruments. The machine’s door opening and closing motors have to be:
- heat resistant (130°C)
- resistant to high humidity
- suitable for frequent operating cycles.
28M-series motors, with a power rating of 280 Watt, made from stainless steel for water and heat resistance. The motors undergo a special galvanic treatment applied to the inner workings, improving corrosion resistance for use in the absence of lubricated air.