An application case and Fiam solution
Features of motors for this sector:
- Plenty of scope for customizing in terms of size
- A key, essential requirement is the absence of electricity as a power source to prevent the risk of fire. ATEX certification on request
- Special galvanic treatment on inner workings to increase corrosion resistance where the use of lubricated compressed air is not an option.
- Power range: 150 to 800 Watt
- No-load speed: from 40 to 15,000 rpm
- Torque values: from 1 to 90 Nm.
Below a case study
Manufacture of fabric finishing machinery with high-speed motors built in to drive a fan used in processing the fabric. The motors to be built in have to:
- work in high moisture conditions as the fabric to be prepared is still in its raw state
- meet safety condi tions in wet areas (electric motors and relevant cables constitute a hazard for wet manufacturing environments)
- must drive heavy rollers and cope with particularly heavy-duty work given the repeated starting and stopping over the course of various work shifts.
Rugged 15-, 20- and 28M-series motors with power ranging from 150 to 300 Watt. The motors provide a high rpm and have a great ability
to withstand locked-rotor torque to provide continuous service when starting under load.