NEW: thunderstorm detector by Indelec
StorMonitor provides to users useful storm detection alert information in a detection radius up to 15 km which may be directly or indirectly dangerous to persons, equipment and to the environment.
On average, these alarms provide a lightning strike warning time of 15 to 30 minutes to users.
StorMonitor withstands twice the maximum value requested by standard EN 61000-4-4, as regards immunity to electromagnetic radiation.
Installation and operation:
StorMonitor includes two parts:
1. The antenna
- Integrated in a polyester waterproof and shockproof case with UV protection coat.
- May be installed inside or outside.
- Contains an electromagnetic receiver.
- Connected to the signal and lightning alert processing unit through a shielded cable.
2. The signal processing and lightning alert unit:
- Integrated in a metal case
- Processes the signal provided by the antenna through an analogue three-stage
- Extracts and identifies the main electromagnetic components that characterise
lightning strikes in order to differentiate useful electromagnetic signals from interference signals.
- Continuously displays the intensity of lightning strikes and stormy activity in real time on a bar graph and on 3 LEDs.
- Activates a sound alarm (buzzer) when a pre-determined alert threshold has been reached and and activates the dry contact relay of the output SubD 9 connector.
StorMonitors power supply should be protected against overvoltage. This protection must be ensured by a Type 2surge protection cabinet (In = 10 kA, Up < 2.5 kV - e.g.: Indelec P8516).