Bolt ’n’ Go is revolutionary simple solution that minimises conveyor maintenance downtimes and overcomes a lot of the problems encountered when using drag chain conveyors. This new flight assembly system gets rid of the need for welded flights and pins and circlips assemblies which are quite costly and time consuming in terms of manufacturing. The Bolt n Go system includes:
• A set of Nylon flights that can be cut to accurate lengths depending on the desired overall width. These nylon flights are very strong and wear resistant but remain light- weight, therefore reducing the amount of power required to drive the chain.
• A hollow pin made of alloy steel (the same material as the link) and case hardened to C57 - C62. This pin will take the load in the assembly. It is very strong and can be supplied in stainless steel for applications in a corrosive environment.
• Bolts, nuts and washers are used to hold the flights onto the link and assemble the links together. Lock nuts are used to secure the whole system.
• At no point does the bolt take the load or is in contact with the pin. It merely holds and secures the flights.
• The system uses 4B drop forged chain links that have special lugs on the sides onto which the flights are fastened, giving the assembly extra stability.
The Bolt ‘N’ Go system is extremely easy to install, yet very robust and has a long lifespan. It has many advantages in comparison to the traditional pins and circlips assembly.
This system saves a precious amount of time and money when conducting maintenance work. With Bolt ‘n’ Go, it is no longer required to take the tension out of the chain and take the chain out of the conveyor before changing the flights; the old flights can be taken out and new ones fitted while the chain is still tensioned inside the conveyor.
4B’s Bolt ‘n’ Go chain links are made of special heat treated alloy steel case hardened to Rockwell C57 - C62 with a ductile core hardness of Rockwell C40. 4B’s superior heat treatment technique and material provides the optimum chain link with a more resilient ductile core for shock resistance, and an extremely hard exterior surface for superior wear and corrosion resistance.
Bolt ‘n’ Go is available for 4B102NA, 4B142NA, 4B142HA and now also 4B160NA links with flights up to 750mm wide.